In these uncertain times, who doesn’t need less stress? Show some love to your pup, and you’re pretty much guaranteed to get some in return.
Even if you haven’t read the research, you probably experience the benefits every day. Your pet could be helping you with:
- Decreased levels of cortisol (a stress-related hormone)
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced loneliness
- Increased feelings of social support
- Boost in mood
Pets, especially dogs, can sense our discomfort and stress. Our human friends are just so-so at this, but a canine friend will immediately seek to soothe. They will share our ups and downs, joys and sorrows. Dogs are instinctively present, consciously aware and mindful.
Without a doubt, our dogs (and all pets) are helping us get through this stressful time! As today is National Pet Day, let’s make sure we let them know how much their unconditional love and support means to us!
Ideas for Celebrating National Pet Day:
- Reach out and give them a hug (assuming they love a good squeeze...but remember not all dogs love physical hugs, but chin scratches, belly rubs and playing fetch can be just as good!)
- Buy or make a special gift for your pet (we especially like the Treasure Mat from the PBJ Pack!)
- Make them some Bone Broth Boosted Treats (check out our favorite recipes!)
- Teach them a new trick (some ideas to get your started - 10 Impressive Tricks You Can Teach Any Dog)