July is Pet Hydration Month and an important reminder that keeping your pet properly hydrated is vital to good health!
Here are a few tips to help:
- Adding moisture to kibble can help keep your pet properly hydrated and aid in the digestive process. It is well documented that kibble, due to it’s dry nature and fillers, absorbs moisture from the body internally as it is processed through the digestive system. Adding bone broth not only adds that needed moisture, but can also boost the nutrient value of your pet’s food.
- Keep the water bowl full...all day long. (You can even add a splash of bone broth to make it more tasty!)
- When traveling or going on long walks, remember to bring a bottle of water and/or a pouch of bone broth with a portable bowl. Periodically stop in the shade for a refreshing drink.
- Play in the water! Many dogs enjoy playing in the sprinkler, the pool or at the beach on hot days...it’s cooling, refreshing and lots of fun!
- Look into cooling towels and cooling vests to help your pet beat the summer heat!
Looking for other ways to incorporate fun uses of bone broth during the hot summer months? Create frozen dog treats with Primalvore Bone Broth!